Tips for Buying Used Commercial Trucks
New trucks are very hard to come by right now. With the chip shortage and supply chain issues, commercial truck orders continue to be pushed out. The short-term solution, buy used and buy well. Here are some tips for making the most of that purchase.
Buying a Used Commercial Truck
The starting point should be a clear understanding of the important features that truck needs to have.
- What is the intended job for this truck?
- What size engine does it need? Will it be transporting large, heavy items?
- What configuration is needed? Does it need to seat just the driver or have room for additional team members (extended cab)?
- Will it be transporting temperature sensitive items? Does it need a reefer unit?
- Does it need any special racking, liftgates, etc.?
The next most important consideration is cost.
- What can your business afford?
- Is there a budget?
- Will you need financing for your purchase?
- How much of a down payment will you make?
- What length of financing term will you need to make the payments affordable?
The next question to consider is how urgent the truck purchase is. Once you have decided the level of importance, you can decide how much time you have to shop around.
- Is this truck essential to your business?
- Are you behind on deliveries?
- Is this truck needed for your growth?
Finally, and most importantly, is assurances that what you are buying has been well cared for. A history check on accidents, maintenance, upgrades, etc. will give you a sense of the truck’s overall condition.
A great way to purchase a sound commercial truck is to work with a reputable dealer who can acquire the right truck for you, check out all aspects of the truck, make any necessary repairs, add those important accessories, and support you for the life of the vehicle.
Why C&M Motors
C&M Motors is a locally owned and operated family business serving the greater San Diego area since 1982. With 2 locations to serve you (National City and Vista), we offer a more personalized experience and customized services to meet your business needs. Contact us if you are looking for a used commercial truck. Have all your truck buying details in hand and let us do the leg work. We will make sure you get a great workhorse that will last you for many years.
C&M Motors Inc