You may not immediately see the trend of increased breakdowns and maintenance costs, but soon the reports will grow more and more frequent. A reduction in performance from some of the trucks in your fleet can be a burden and an expense to your company. More time spent in the repair shop. A few roadside emergencies here and there. And a sudden ballooning of your truck fleet maintenance expenses.
All of these are signs that trucks in your fleet are coming to their end of life. For those who manage a corporate fleet, it may be time to take a careful look at your truck fleet and start the process of replacing vehicles.
When to Replace?
The goal is reaching the lowest cost portion of a truck’s lifecycle, while still maximizing a truck’s productivity. There are a number of factors to take into account.
- Purchase price of a new vehicle
- Estimated maintenance and repair costs for old fleet vs. new fleet
- Vehicle depreciation rates in both first year and future years
- Lifecycle maintenance and operating costs, adjusted for inflation
- Capital expenditure and interest costs
Your Knowledgeable Business Partner
Equipped with the right analysis tools, your knowledgeable business partner in Commercial Truck Leasing, C&M Motors, will help you streamline your transportation costs and keep your fleet moving. Your business needs to consider a few important factors…
- Are operating hours or miles a better metric?
- What’s the resale market for your current fleet?
- What will be the effect of new technologies?
- Region and driving location
- Tolerance for downtime
Taking all the factors into account, the right leasing program is crafted to be reliable and most cost effective, with planning for future years expansions and upgrades.
C&M Motors, NationaLease of San Diego, is your helping hand and trusted partner in the commercial truck leasing business. We are a family business with over 37 years’ experience, and we stand behind all of our trucks, our service, fabrication, and fleet services. Give us a call to learn more.